Recipe by Mamie37
This is a make it up as you go along soup...ingredients are "what you have"...but it's basic chicken cookery. I called it this, because I wanted it to taste like I'd cooked all day, when really, I was on 'Zaar talking....
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (39 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 large carrots, sliced 1/4 inch
- 2 stalks celery, sliced 1/4 inch
- 1 medium onion, rough chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1 1⁄2 cups snow peas, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups broad egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Into a large pot, put chicken broth, carrots, celery, onion, parsley, sage, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, turn down to simmer.
- Add chicken, snow peas.
- The chicken is clean, so ignore the froth, and let it cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Cook the noodles in a separate pan, according to directions until done.
- Adjust seasonings in soup, and serve in deep bowls with noodles.
- This is a basic soup, entirely to your taste, but a shortcut to making a long broth.