Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
In my never-ending quest to fill up my family cheaply, I borrowed this recipe from a friend and made it my own.We use rotini noodles, but often change to a different shaped noodle just to make supper more interesting. I serve the meat mixture over the noodles to make this go farther. You can also use turkey burger instead of the beef hamburger.
- Cook the noodles following the package directions and drain.
- Saute the onions slightly, add hamburger and cook thoroughly.
- Drain the hamburger.
- Add the soup, garlic powder,salt and pepper and heat thoroughly on low heat.
- Fold in sour cream and optional peas and heat for another 5 minutes.
- Serve over pasta noodles and enjoy!
This was a very easy quick-fix supper. Like another reviewer I used canned mushrooms instead of peas, and like you, I served the stroganoff over rotini pasta. Thanks for a nice simple supper. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
This was very good and easy. I too served it over rice because I was too lazy to stop and get noodles. Will use this again as an easy quick dinner.
Well this one turned out just so-so for us. It's very bland for our tastes. I left out the peas only for the reason that I don't have any in the house, but I think if I made this again I'd use mushrooms instead. I'd also season it up a bit more. Sorry just our tastes I'm sure because it's a very simple, basic recipe and goes together very easily! Made for PAC spring 09.