Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This Gluten-Free Charoset Recipe is one of my favorite Passover foods. During the Seder, this sweet, fruity dish holds a special, symbolic place, reminding us of the mortar which the Jews used to bond bricks while enslaved in Egypt. View the full recipe and more like it at www.elanaspantry.com!
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and cut into cubes
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3⁄4 cup currants
- In food processor, combine apples, walnuts, cinnamon, orange juice, lemon juice and currants.
- Pulse briefly until desired texture is achieved.
I made this and thought it was great without all those heavy sugars, but then again i'm into eating food the way it was meant to be tasted. natural and simple. :)
It's missing one important ingredient...heavy malaga wine. Wine, nuts, apple and cinnamon is all that's really needed for a perfect charoset! But, thanks for posting your version. :)
I'm sorry but we didn't like it that much. It was just ok. Maybe it's the walnuts, maybe it's not as sweet as we want it, maybe it's coz it kinda leaves a dry aftertaste. DH is pickier than me, and I tried to like it, but.. anyway, thanks~.