Spinach and Red Kidney Bean Salad
photo by The Blender Girl
- Ready In:
- 2 bunches organic Baby Spinach, large bunches, washed and dried
- 8 hard boiled organic eggs, chopped finely
- organic red kidney beans (1 can drained and rinsed thoroughly)
- 1⁄2 cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot English mustard
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- cracked pepper
- Put the spinach in your salad bowl and arrange the kidney beans in a large mound. Make a smaller mound of chopped egg on top, and sit aside until ready to dress.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in the blender and pulse until well combined.
- Alternatively you can put in a glass jar and shake vigorously.
- Pour the dressing over right before serving, and toss gradually, being careful not to saturate. Less is more with this dressing, as it can be very rich. I always have dressing left over. If you are taking this salad to an event, take the dressing in a jar, and toss just before serving. As they say in the salad kingdom – dress and devour!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!