Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is a wonderful Indian gravy dish you can serve at a lunch/dinner party. Enjoy!
- 250 g fried panir, cubes (cottage cheese)
- 1 onion, ground into a paste
- 1 inch gingerroot, ground into a paste
- 6 garlic flakes, ground into a paste
- 2 tomatoes, ground into a paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- 2 teaspoons fresh cream
- 2 teaspoons cashew nuts paste
- 2 teaspoons ghee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan heat the ghee until melted.
- Fry onion-ginger-garlic paste until it turns golden brown.
- Add the masala powders and saute till the raw smell is gone.
- Add tomato paste and saute for 5 minutes.
- Fold in sugar and kasoori methi.
- Add fresh cream and cashewnut paste.
- Cook on low flame and add paneer cubes and salt.
- Stir in 1/2 cup water and cover the pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Once the gravy thickens, add 1/2 teaspoons butter and remove from heat.
- Garnish with cashewnuts and mint leaves.
- Serve hot with naan or rotis or kulchas or parathas.