Recipe by Lorac
Serve this peachy smooth punch instead of Mimosas for brunch, with appetizers for a summery touch or in bigger batches for weddings, bridal or baby showers. You can make a non-alcoholic version by substituting pineapple juice and the base can be made the day before. Picture this with an ice ring made with edible flowers such as violas, pansies, dianthus, marigolds or calendula! Just found this on my MSN home page.
Top Review by Rita~
I would never think of omitting the sparkling wine! I used peaches partially frozen and blended them with the sugar! I`ve also made this without the sugar no problem. And used a mild honey instead of sugar. I also didn`t stop at peaches I`ve used frozen bananas, strawberries,raspberries, blueberries.
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen sliced peaches
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 (750 ml) bottle champagne or 1 (750 ml) bottle sparkling wine (or 4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw peaches at room temperature without draining.
- Blend or process peaches and juice with sugar until smooth.
- Add to a 2 quart pitcher, stir in orange juice and lemon or lime juice (can be made the day before and refrigerated).
- At serving time, slowly stir in champagne or sparkling wine (or pineapple juice).
- Serve over ice cubes, crushed ice or double the recipe and use an ice ring.