Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen Slow Cooker Casseroles, One Dish Meals. Preparation time does not include marinating time.
- 1 lb firm white fish fillet, thawed and cut into bite-sized pieces (such as cod, scrod, haddock)
- 2⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 12 ounces jarlsberg cheese (reserve one cup for topping) or 12 ounces reduced-fat jarlsberg cheese, shredded (reserve one cup for topping)
- 2 limes, zest of
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 ounces finely chopped chili peppers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 large radishes, sliced
- 12 oil-cured olives, seeded and chopped (optional) or 1⁄4 cup pimento stuffed olive (optional)
- 8 flour tortillas
- in glass, stainless steel or crockery bowl, marinate fish in lime juice 1 and 1/2 hours, stirring frequently.
- Combine with remaining ingredients except tortillas and reserved cup of cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place about 1 cup mixture on each tortilla.
- Roll up and place in glass or enamel baking pan sprayed with nonstick oil.
- Top with reserved cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, uncovering last five minutes.
- Note: Vegetables may be substituted with hot peppers, celery or diced jicama. Ceviche may be served as an appetizer or as a main dish with black beans and brown rice.
- Scallops also work well as a substitute for the fish pieces.