1/1 Photo of Cassava Cake With Shredded Buco
1 hr 30 mins
Chef #655770's Note:
A hearty Filipino dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg cassava, Grated
- 4 pieces young coconut meat, Shredded
- 1/2 kg granulated sugar
- 5 whole large eggs
- 2 (378 ml) evaporated milk
- 1 (301 ml) condensed milk
- 2 1/2 cups coconut juice
For The Toppings
- 1Preheat oven to 350F/180°C Lightly grease with butter 8"x12"x3" pan. Set aside.
- 2In a bowl, mix together Cassava, Coconut Meat, Sugar, Eggs, Evaporated Milk, Condensed Milk and Coconut Juice. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hr or until firm.
- 3While the Cassava Mixture is being baked, prepare the Topping.
- 4In a bowl, Mix together Coconut Cream and Condensed Milk. Set aside.
- 5Pour the Coconut Cream and Condensed Milk Mixture on top of the baked Cassava. Make sure that the Cassava cake is already firm before pouring the Mixture.
- 6Bring back to the oven and broil until evenly brown.
- 7Once brown, remove from oven and drizzle Melted Butter on top.
- 8Sprinkle Granulated Sugar.
- 9With a Culinary Torch, move flame contineously in circle until Sugar caramelizes on top.
- 10Top with shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- 11Let cool at room temperature before serving.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cassava Cake With Shredded Buco
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 890.4
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 171.6 mg
- Sodium 294.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 155.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 110.9 g
- Protein 18.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: