Cook1 hr 30 mins
A hearty Filipino dessert.
Make and share this Cassava Cake With Shredded Buco recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg cassava, Grated
- 4 pieces young coconut meat, Shredded
- 1⁄2 kg granulated sugar
- 5 whole large eggs
- 2 (378 ml) evaporated milk
- 1 (301 ml) condensed milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups coconut juice
For The Toppings
- 1⁄2 cup coconut cream
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- granulated sugar, to scatter, on the baked cassava
- cheddar cheese, to scatter on the baked cassava
- Preheat oven to 350F/180°C Lightly grease with butter 8"x12"x3" pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together Cassava, Coconut Meat, Sugar, Eggs, Evaporated Milk, Condensed Milk and Coconut Juice. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hr or until firm.
- While the Cassava Mixture is being baked, prepare the Topping.
- In a bowl, Mix together Coconut Cream and Condensed Milk. Set aside.
- Pour the Coconut Cream and Condensed Milk Mixture on top of the baked Cassava. Make sure that the Cassava cake is already firm before pouring the Mixture.
- Bring back to the oven and broil until evenly brown.
- Once brown, remove from oven and drizzle Melted Butter on top.
- Sprinkle Granulated Sugar.
- With a Culinary Torch, move flame contineously in circle until Sugar caramelizes on top.
- Top with shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- Let cool at room temperature before serving.