Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very tasty and easy stir-fry meal. My family gives it the thumbs-up!!
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 cup roasted salted cashews
- cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients; add chicken and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and reserve marinade.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet; stir-fry chicken for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink.
- With slotted spoon, remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry broccoli and carrots for 3 minutes or just until crisp-tender.
- Combine cornstarch, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger and reserved marinade; stir into vegetables.
- Cook and stir until slightly thickened and heated through.
- Stir in cashews and chicken; heat through.
- Serve over rice.
This was a delicious chicken stir-fry Nurse Di. The sauce had a nice sweet and sour flavor that complemented the chicken and cashews very well. I served this over steamed rice. My family certainly "dug" it. It is always good to find something that we will all eat. Thanks ;)
This was not the cashew chicken that most people are familiar with. It was very dark, very heavy and not at all what we expected. My husband made it and said later that if he was a better cook that he would have known that that was WAY too much hoisin. Although it was not bad, we will never make it again.
We prefer Cashew Chicken recipe #11669 but I grabbed the wrong recipe and made this one the other night. It was good but not what we were looking forward to. This one was maybe a little easier to make. Too much hoisin/soy for our taste. This recipe may even be more authentic (I wouldn't know)but if you like the sweeter restaurant version of Cashew Chicken, try 11669.