1/2 Photos of Carrot Soup with Ginger and Lemon
I have had this soup described as "beautiful" by a guest at my table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/16-1/8 cup cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/4 lbs medium carrots, peeled,chopped (about 3 cups)
- 2 tomatoes, seeded,chopped (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 small carrot, peeled,grated
- 1Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion; sauté 4 minutes.
- 3Add ginger and garlic; sauté 2 minutes.
- 4Add chopped carrots, tomatoes and lemon peel; saute 1 minute.
- 5Add 3 cups stock and bring to boil.
- 6Reduce heat, cover partially and simmer until carrots are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- 7Cool slightly.
- 8Puree soup in batches in blender.
- 9Return soup to pot.
- 10Mix in lemon juice.
- 11Season with salt and pepper.
- 12Bring soup to simmer, thinning with more stock, if desired.
- 13Ladle into bowls.
- 14Top each with sour cream and grated carrot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Soup with Ginger and Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.6
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 146.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: