Recipe by Just Call Me Martha
Tangy carrot salad - great as a side dish with barbequed steak or chicken. A good, yet inexpensive pot-luck dish.
- 2 lbs carrots
- 1 large onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 can tomato soup
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil (or vegetable)
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice carrots thinly and boil in salted water or steam until crisp-tender.
- Add sliced onion to carrots and set aside.
- Combine undiluted soup, sugar, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and celery seed.
- Bring to boil.
- Pour hot mixture over vegetables.
- Cool, cover and refrigerate.
- Keeps well for a week or so.