Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Tangy carrot salad - great as a side dish with barbequed steak or chicken. A good, yet inexpensive pot-luck dish.
- 2 lbs carrots
- 1 large onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 can tomato soup
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil (or vegetable)
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Slice carrots thinly and boil in salted water or steam until crisp-tender.
- Add sliced onion to carrots and set aside.
- Combine undiluted soup, sugar, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and celery seed.
- Bring to boil.
- Pour hot mixture over vegetables.
- Cool, cover and refrigerate.
- Keeps well for a week or so.
I had the same recipe at a party not bad a little plain. They must have gotten the recipe from you because I could taste the tomato soup and onions.
I made this for a dinner party and for a professional luncheon, and it was received enthusiastically. Easy to make, especially if you have a food processor.