Recipe by Sydney Mike
Another recipe that comes from the 1995 Vegetarian Times Complete Cookbook. Time spent frying these cakes depends on how many can be made at one time!
Top Review by SweetySJD
These are pretty delicious! I made as written except that I used canola oil instead of the nonstick spray. The thyme gave it a great flavor that I thought would be suited better for the fall or winter than summertime, and I will definately be making these again when the weather cools. The leftovers were tasty, but they did not retain their crispness, so next time I'll make just enough to eat right away.
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and grated coarsely
- 1 tablespoon unbleached white flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten (or equivalent egg substitute)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Lightly spray a nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; turn on the heat.
- Drop potato mixture by 1/4 cup measures into the skillet, flattening the pancakes with a spoon, if necessary.
- Fry until lightly browned on one side,about 3 minutes.
- Turn over and fry on the other side another 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm.