Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another recipe that comes from the 1995 Vegetarian Times Complete Cookbook. Time spent frying these cakes depends on how many can be made at one time!
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Lightly spray a nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; turn on the heat.
- Drop potato mixture by 1/4 cup measures into the skillet, flattening the pancakes with a spoon, if necessary.
- Fry until lightly browned on one side,about 3 minutes.
- Turn over and fry on the other side another 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm.
These are pretty delicious! I made as written except that I used canola oil instead of the nonstick spray. The thyme gave it a great flavor that I thought would be suited better for the fall or winter than summertime, and I will definately be making these again when the weather cools. The leftovers were tasty, but they did not retain their crispness, so next time I'll make just enough to eat right away.
I don't know how I forgot to rate this recipe, but here I am reminding myself of how good it is, and that I've got to make it again soon. I always seem to have an abundance of carrots that I need to figure out new recipes for, but this will be among the staples. Thyme was just the perfect herb to go with this. The only thing I added was some garlic...because well, garlic makes everything better. And some spring onions as well, if I have them handy.
This is one of those wonderful recipes that only few know about! I loved it! The sweetness of the carrots matched perfectly with thyme.Next time (oh,there'll be a lot of next times) I might bake them in the oven .A great dish for kids. Didn't change a thing,except that I made a double batch.Thanks for sharing.