1 hr 20 mins
I haven't made this particular recipe yet, but I have had this cake before and it's super moist and delicious...needless to say I look forward to trying this recipe out soon! I got this from Food Network's The Barefoot Contessa. **UPDATE** I made the cake, and it is DEElicious, however I had way too much frosting, and the calories were outrageous. I have amended the recipe to use only half the amount of frosting. If you'd like the original amount, just double it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 3 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 lb carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
For the frosting
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Butter 2 (8-inch) round cake pans. Line with parchment paper, then butter and flour the pans.
- 3Whisk the sugar, oil, and eggs together until the color changes to light yellow.
- 4Add the vanilla.
- 5In another bowl, sift together 2 1/2 cups flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- 6Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- 7Toss the raisins and walnuts with 1 tablespoon flour to keep them from sinking to the bottom of the pan during baking. Add to the batter and mix well.
- 8Fold in the carrots and pineapple.
- 9Pour the batter equally into the 2 pans. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 10Allow the cakes to cool in the pans on a wire rack.
- 11Whisk the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until combined. Add the sugar and mix until smooth.
- 12Once cooled, remove the cakes from the pans and peel the parchment paper off of them.
- 13Place the first cake layer on a cake pedestal. With a spatula, spread the top with frosting. Place the second layer on top and spread the frosting evenly on the top and sides of the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot-Pineapple Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.7
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 69.9 mg
- Sodium 403.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 46.8 g
- Protein 5.9 g