Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Cooking Light, January/February 2008. (Dessert Category Reader Recipe by Christine Dohlmar)
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml quick-cooking oats
- 7.39 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 70.87 g jar carrot baby food
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 295.73 ml finely grated carrots (about 4 ounces)
- 118.29 ml golden raisin
- cooking spray
- 78.07 ml reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 14.79 ml butter, softened
- 295.73 ml powdered sugar, sifted
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 59.14 ml sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- To prepare cake: Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a food processor; pulse 6 times or until well blended. Place flour mixture in a large bowl.
- Combine granulated sugar, canola oil, baby food, and eggs; stir with a whisk.
- Add to flour mixture; stir just until moist.
- Stir in grated carrot and raisins.
- Spoon batter into an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- To prepare frosting, combine cheese and butter in a large bowl.
- Beat at high speed until creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating at low speed until smooth (do not overbeat).
- Spread over cake; sprinkle with coconut.
- Cover and chill.