Recipe by Recipewrestler
One of Grandma's best bread recipes from her recipe box. Mild-flavored and pretty when sliced. This was a favorite from my childhood.
Top Review by Chef Doozer
I had never made carrot bread before and thought this was really good. My kids gobbled it up too (of course I had to say it was cinnamon bread instead of anything containing a vegetable). ;) I will definitely make it again. I used less sugar than the recipe called for and will try applesauce in place of some of the oil next time.
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl, stir together eggs, oil, vanilla, carrots and sugar.
- In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon.
- Add dry mixture to egg mixture.
- Stir well.
- Pour into greased and floured bread loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until a toothpick comes out dry.