Pumpkin Carrot Bread
photo by ibdsassy1
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 1 cup craisins or 1 cup nuts
- Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and water in large mixer bowl; beat unti just blended.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Fold in carrots and raisins.
- Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 9 X 5 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes. Cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
An excellent pumpkin bread - my toddler LOVES it. I cut the oil in half and used half a cup of applesauce, as well as substituted one cup of whole wheat flour for the regular and it was awesome! I put walnuts in it instead of raisins. It did require a little extra baking time... just make sure a toothpick comes out clean. It makes a very dense and moist bread - delicious!