I Can't Believe It's Low Fat Carrot Bread
So moist and delicious you will never believe it is low fat. The original recipe given to me by my BF's mother used oil instead of applesauce, 2% milk and a cup of white sugar, I also added the vanilla. I changed the recipe to what it is now and he never knew the difference.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 cup carrot (grated, I use anywhere from 1 - 1 1/2 cups depending on my mood)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Mix together carrots, eggs, sugars, apple sauce, milk and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Bake at 350 for 50 - 55 minutes in a greased 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- Cool and cut into 18 1/2" slices.