Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Rose Reisman.
Make and share this Carrot, Apple and Cinnamon Loaf (Light) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated carrots
- 2⁄3 cup peeled finely chopped apple
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly spray an 8 1/2-by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with vegetable oil.
- Mix the oil, eggs, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and yogurt in a large bowl or food processor until well combined. Stir in the carrot, apple and raisins.
- Combine both flours with the baking powder and baking soda in a separate bowl, mixing well. Add to the egg mixture and stir just until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and bake in the center of the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Wow, this turns out so moist and flavorful! Spices are perfect. I subbed dried cranberries for the raisins. Will be making this often. Made for My 3 Chefs game.