Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
A sweet little treat that's sure to please any carob lover. And it's a cinch to make! (Slightly adapted from a recipe in Recipes from the Old Mill: Baking with Whole Grains.)
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup wheat germ (toasted or raw)
- 1⁄3 cup carob powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup light olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup clear honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 (7 ounce) can Reddi-wip topping (or generic clone)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9 inch glass pie plate.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, wheat germ, carob (or cocoa) powder, and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together light olive oil, granulated sugar, clear honey, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, and whisk until just combined; then pour batter into prepared glass pie plate.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Transfer baked brownie pie to a wire rack to cool completely; then cover, and refrigerate for 24 hours (for a more moist texture).
- To serve: top each piece with 2 tablespoons (or more) of Reddi-Wip topping and 1 tablespoon of chopped pecans.