Coconut Brownie Pie
- Ready In:
- 2 2⁄3 cups coconut (7 oz)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut and milk.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small sauce pan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Combine sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Pour mixture into pie pan and spread over bottom.
- Spoon coconut mixture on top leaving a 1/2 inch border around edges.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
Join The Conversation
YUCK. Does NOT taste like chocolate and coconut. It tastes like a very bland not good brownie, with a ton of stringy coconut and sweetened condensed milk. It was not good. I had high hopes as this could be a great flavor combo. If I were to make this again, I would use my sister's fabulous brownie recipe, and make a toasted coconut cream cheese mix to drop into it. That would be good. BUT this recipe.. well, all those who took some at the potluck took only one bite and threw it away. Sorry
I had 1 oz of unsweetened chocolate so I used that and then 2 substantial handfuls of chocolate chips. I brought the sugar down a bit because of the chocolate chips, but think it might have been better at original levels. And I went with the recipe's amount of coconut/sweetened condensed milk though I think I'd bring that down a bit next time. All in all a really nice ooey gooey dessert with a brownie crust. Made for your cookathon! Hope you know how much you mean to us all!