Recipe by Lissa_L
From Jennie-o turkey store.
Top Review by SandwichQueen
This was delicious and so yummy! The only changes I made were to add black beans to bulk it up a bit and we wrapped ours in the tortillas. Delicious and so easy! Great for a warm spring night so I didn't have to heat up the oven! I was thinking that maybe some avocado on top would be delicious, also. I think I could eat the salsa by itself...so yummy!
- 4 (8 -10 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (20 ounce) packagejennie-o turkey store lean ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 mangoes, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 cups firnly packed fresh spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425 fahrenheit. Invert four 10oz custard cups onto 15x10x1" baking pan. Brush outside of cupse and one side of each tortilla with butter.
- Place tortillas, butter side up, over cups. Bake for 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In medium skillet, brown turkey until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning mix and water. Cook over low heat 3-5 minutes until thoroughly heated.
- To make salsa, in medium bowl stir together mango, red pepper, green onion, cilantro brown sugar and lime peel.
- Place taco shells on serving plates. Divide spinach leaves evenly into shells. Top with cooked turkey and salsa.