Turkey Meatballs in Cranberry-Barbecue Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe came from the Jennie-O Turkey Store. This is good for a party or even an entree if you want. It makes 14 appetizer servings and maybe 4-6 entree servings.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 egg white
- 1 (20 ounce) package lean ground turkey, any variety
- 1 green onion, with top sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Slow Cooker Directions: Combine cranberry sauce and barbecue sauce in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 20 to 30 minutes or until cranberry sauce is melted and mixture is hot, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place egg white in medium bowl; beat lightly. Add turkey, green onion, orange peel, soy sauce, black pepper and ground red pepper, if desired; mix well with hands until well blended. Shape into 28 balls. Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add meatballs to skillet; cook over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink in center, carefully turning occasionally to brown evenly.
- Add to heated sauce in slow cooker; stir gently to coat evenly with sauce. Reduce heat to LOW. Cover and cook 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, transfer meatballs to serving plate; garnish, if desired. Serve with decorative picks.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION