Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Picked this one up on a recipe card at the seafood department of our local supermarket. Please note that prep. time includes marinating time!
- 1 lb large or jumbo shrimp, cleaned,tails left on
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped dried thyme
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh lime (, for garnish)
- Combine all ingredients except limes and marinate at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a dry skillet over medium-high heat and, when skillet is hot, lay shrimp in pan.
- Cook shrimp 2 to 4 minutes per side, depending on size.
- Brush shrimp with remaining marinade before turning.
- Serve with lime.
This was our dinner last night. Sooo delicious. The rosemary and thyme were so pungent and added awesome flavor. I added just a little more salt but other than that made no changes. I squeezed the lime juice onto the shrimp and that was a nice touch. This was an easy recipe to make and clean-up was a breeze. Thanks.
I really enjoyed this recipe. It was easy to make and had a fabulous taste. I would increase the oil, as there wasn't enough to brush on as they cooked. I'm making this again tonight!!
This shrimp dish is great, but I do agree with some other reviewers. The marinade is more of a wet dry rub, and there is nothing left after marinating to baste the shrimp with. I grilled mine instead of sauteeing, and also added the juice of 1/2 a lime to the marinade. Good recipe, good flavor overall but I think I'd tweak it a little next time. Thanks for sharing!