Exotic alternative to typically prepared shrimp
Make and share this Caribbean Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 3⁄4 lbs shelled uncooked jumbo shrimp
- 1 lime, cut into wedges,for garnish
- Heat broiler.
- Coat large broiler-pan rack with nonstick vegetable-oil cooking spray.
- Mix brown sugar, allspice, black pepper, onion powder, thyme, salt and cayenne in bowl.
- Whisk in oil, molasses and lime juice until smooth.
- Add shrimp; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes.
- Arrange shrimp in single layer on broiler-pan rack.
- Broil about 4 inches from heat for 2 minutes.
- Turn shrimp over.
- Broil 1-2 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve shrimp immediately with white rice if desired.
- Garnish with lime wedges.
- Pour drippings from broiler pan over shrimp, if desired.
These shrimp were quick and easy to prepare. The flavor was good, maybe a little spicier than what I anticipated, so be careful.
Perfection. Following another reviewer, I used crushed red pepper as well. The DH was in heaven and we've had it twice in ONE WEEK! Again - perfection. Great for a "different" shrimp recipe!
Very good...I used crushed red pepper flakes instead of the cayenne and I grilled the shrimp. I didn't think these were all that spicy until I ate the leftovers the next day. They left a tingle on the tongue. Another delicious way to cook shrimp!