1/2 Photos of Caribbean Shrimp
kyle martin's Note:
Exotic alternative to typically prepared shrimp
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 3/4 lbs shelled uncooked jumbo shrimp
- 1 lime, cut into wedges,for garnish
- 1Heat broiler.
- 2Coat large broiler-pan rack with nonstick vegetable-oil cooking spray.
- 3Mix brown sugar, allspice, black pepper, onion powder, thyme, salt and cayenne in bowl.
- 4Whisk in oil, molasses and lime juice until smooth.
- 5Add shrimp; toss to coat.
- 6Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes.
- 7Arrange shrimp in single layer on broiler-pan rack.
- 8Broil about 4 inches from heat for 2 minutes.
- 9Turn shrimp over.
- 10Broil 1-2 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
- 11Serve shrimp immediately with white rice if desired.
- 12Garnish with lime wedges.
- 13Pour drippings from broiler pan over shrimp, if desired.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.7
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 166.8 mg
- Sodium 946.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 18.3 g