Picked this one up on a recipe card at the seafood department of our local supermarket. Please note that prep. time includes marinating time!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 1 lb large or jumbo shrimp, cleaned,tails left on
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped dried thyme
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh lime (, for garnish)
- Combine all ingredients except limes and marinate at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a dry skillet over medium-high heat and, when skillet is hot, lay shrimp in pan.
- Cook shrimp 2 to 4 minutes per side, depending on size.
- Brush shrimp with remaining marinade before turning.
- Serve with lime.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
this may not go along with it, but because it said to marinate, i looked and looked for what to marinate it in on the recipe and figured that there really isn't a marinade, so i added a 1/2 c of sweet red wine and let it sit. we had it for an appitizer on our anniversary it was excellent. definitly will use again and again and recommend to friends and family
This shrimp dish is great, but I do agree with some other reviewers. The marinade is more of a wet dry rub, and there is nothing left after marinating to baste the shrimp with. I grilled mine instead of sauteeing, and also added the juice of 1/2 a lime to the marinade. Good recipe, good flavor overall but I think I'd tweak it a little next time. Thanks for sharing!
Love this!! I have made this 3 times already!! I did make some adjustments though. I used either small shrimps or mixed small shrimps and tiny scallops. I also added a couple drops of hot sauce, some cooked onions and peppers, and some butter and more oil to make it a little saucier. Great combination of spices!