Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping for ZWT5. From Chef Michele Stalnaker, a consultant for Pasquale’s Restaurant and The Char in Beckley, WV, recipe on http://www.register-herald.com/features/local_story_323202448.html. Preparation time includes 24 hours of refrigeration before serving.
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the curry, turmeric, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the water, yogurt, raisins, and onion. Stir until well blended.
- Mix in the cider vinegar, rice, and diced peppers.
- Stir until combined, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Makes eight 4-ounce servings.