Easy weeknight meal of red beans and rice. The coconut milk and jalapeno give it the flavor you will crave. This recipe is an Art Smith recipe. My family voted it a definite keeper!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepot, over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and onion and cook until soft, then add the jalapeno pepper.
- 2Add the rice and cook for 5 minutes.
- 3Add the beans, coconut milk and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce the heat to low, and add the thyme and salt and pepper.
- 5Cook until the broth and coconut milk are reduced, about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Red Beans and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.9
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 156.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 39.8 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: