Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy weeknight meal of red beans and rice. The coconut milk and jalapeno give it the flavor you will crave. This recipe is an Art Smith recipe. My family voted it a definite keeper!
- In a large saucepot, over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and onion and cook until soft, then add the jalapeno pepper.
- Add the rice and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans, coconut milk and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, and add the thyme and salt and pepper.
- Cook until the broth and coconut milk are reduced, about 25 minutes.