Recipe by breezermom
Really quick and easy, but delicious way to do your Chicken wings! Don't forget to wait until the wings are done before brushing with the sauce, or your wings will burn. Recipe originally by Russell Gwatney and Rick Dalton. Prep and Cook time does not include the time to get the grill ready.
Top Review by l.prothro
I prefer SPICY/HOT. This had a SLIGHT hint of hot. I have a plan for that next time: overdo the jerk seasoning and sprinkle on ground cayenne pepper! I will also add a bit of crushed red pepper to the sauce mixture. Yeah, I LOOOOOOOVE HOT/SPICY foods!!! It rained today; I didn't grill them. I put them in the oven @ 450 degrees, for about an hour. They came out very tender. The sauce was flavorful and I did enjoy it overall; however, again, I just want my really hot in flavor. I will use this recipe again, but add a HOT twist to it! ;)
- 2 cups barbecue sauce, mustard based such as Cattleman's Gold Sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- jerk seasoning, season to your taste, as spicy as you like it
- 18 chicken wings
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Prepare the sauce by combining all ingredients except wings and jerk seasoning together in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until heated through.
- Rub jerk seasoning into the chicken wings. Grill for 10 to 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Brush generously with sauce and enjoy!