Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
summertime and the grillin is easy
Make and share this Caribbean Jerk Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 1 -2 scotch bonnet pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 2 inches ginger, peeled, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 pinch clove
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- salt, pepper
- 4 chicken quarters
- olive oil
- add first 10 ingredients to blender and pulse to form a paste, season with salt& pepper cut slits in chicken, rub with marinade.
- refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- preheat grill and brush with olive oil.
- cook chicken on indirect medium heat 45 minutes, turning occasionally.
- may also be made in the oven, roast at 450.
The marinade was very nice. I used about a tbls. of jalapeno peppers instead of the scotch bonnet, for a milder marinade.I also used boneless, skinless chicken breasts in place of the quarters. Thanks for a tasty way to fix chicken!
I skipped the scallion (just don't like them) and doubled the garlic. This was fantastic!!! Really moist chicken and the leftovers were great on a salad the next day!
Wow, this was hot for me!!! I knew it because I used the scotch bonnett peppers, solved that by drinking lots of white wine! Like Sharon I used breasts and we barbequed them, really enjoyed it!!