Jammin' Jerk Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 teaspoons orange juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine all seasonings with orange juice to make a spice paste.
- Rub paste over both sides of the chicken.
- Grill or broil chicken 5-7 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was just okay to me. I made it exactly as written, using "Penzeys Jerk Seasoning for Chicken and Fish" for the "caribbean jerk seasoning". I used four "hand-trimmed chicken breast halves" averaging about .6 lbs. each (not too big), and grilled them. I guess my main complaint is that the spice paste didn't go very far - I would've liked a robust flavor, and it came out pretty mild. Nothing bad, but I probably won't make this again, at least not as written.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a Georgia native, raised in south Georgia,but have made my home in the Atlanta area the last 40+ years.<br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /></p>