Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful summer recipe.
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 cup cubed peeled papaya
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peeled avocado
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red peppers or 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped unsalted cashews, toasted
Orange-Soy Vinaigrette (use 2/3 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Set aside.
- Arrange lettuce on a serving platter. Spoon the shrimp down the center of platter; arrange papaya, pineapple, avocado, bell pepper, black beans, and cheese in rows on either side of shrimp.
- Drizzle Orange-Soy Vinaigrette over salad and sprinkle with cashews.