Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was a delicious creation one night of what happened to be in the fridge. It was so good I made it again the next day and my husband came in and took a huge helping and loved it so much he then came and stole more right out of my bowl!
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter or 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 2 cups snap peas (optional)
- seasoning (I use celtic sea salt, red and black pepper, and Lawry's)
- Slice onion into medium-sized pieces.
- Slice squash into rounds.
- Cut ends off snap peas (if necessary).
- Melt butter in pan and add vegetables and seasoning.
- Cook over med-low heat stirring periodically and covering pan in between to soften veggies.
- Cook until very tender and light to medium brown (squash pieces will begin to fall apart).
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Nice topping for a tomato-less pizza (minus the peas)! For seasoning I used salt, pepper, thyme and sage. I also added the onion to the pan first with four cloves of garlic (sliced), then added the squash a little later. I'm not sure if that mattered.
This turned out way too mushy for me. Sorry.