1/4 Photos of Caramelized Onion Dip/Spread
This is fantastic on grilled burgers, and also can be served as a dip for crackers or potato chips, make as spicy as you like by adjusting the Tabasco sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Tabasco sauce (to taste) (optional)
- 1Heat the butter and oil in the frypan over medium heat.
- 2Add in onions, cayenne, salt and pepper; sauté for about 8 minutes.
- 3Add in garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 4Reduce heat to medium-low and cook stirring occasionally for 20 minutes more until onions are brown and caramelized; cool.
- 5In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth.
- 6Add in onions; mix well to combine.
- 7Add in Tabasco sauce if using.
- 8Cover and place in fridge for 2 or more hours before using.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion Dip/Spread
Serving Size: 1 (649 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1046.3
- Calories from Fat 908
- Total Fat 100.9 g
- Saturated Fat 38.6 g
- Cholesterol 168.6 mg
- Sodium 855.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: