Recipe by threeovens
This is an easy, and inexpensive, weeknight meal that looks like you slaved to make a restaurant quality meal.
Top Review by Debbwl
Mouthwatering meal when served with rice so as to not lose any of the yummy juices from the marinade or juice from the tomatoes. I made using the chili paste option, a pretty and tasty meal that we will be enjoying again. Good luck in the contest and thanks for the post.
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 29.58 ml maple syrup
- 44.37 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2.46 ml chili paste or 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml ponzu sauce
- 29.58 ml tomato ketchup
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 4 sweet onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 10 large cherry tomatoes (large if you can and on the vine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a bowl large enough to fit the chicken in a single layer; whisk to combine.
- Place the chicken in the marinade for 20 to 30 minutes, spooning it over top a few times.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the chicken, onions, and tomatoes in a baking dish in a single layer.
- Pour the marinade over top.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 to 30 minutes; the chicken should be browned on top, the onions brown around the edges, and the tomatoes should have burst.
- NOTE: To speed up cooking of the chicken, or if your drumsticks are particularly large, you can cut slits on the underside, along the bone.