Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe adapted from Cooking Light is wonderful for both sandwiches and snacks! It’s easy to make, and don’t let the slightly unusual ingredients throw you - this recipe is definitely a keeper. :) Try putting it on a ciabatta bread sandwich with grilled vegetables, or grab some veggie dippers and dig in!
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 4 cups chopped onions
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Over medium-high heat, heat a large nonstick skillet and melt together butter and oil.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute, then lower temperature to medium and add onion. Sauté , stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until soft and golden.
- Place cooked onion mixture, beans, cocoa, salt, pepper, and paprika in food processor and whir until smooth.
- Transfer the bean butter into serving bowl and sprinkle with parsley.