This recipe adapted from Cooking Light is wonderful for both sandwiches and snacks! It’s easy to make, and don’t let the slightly unusual ingredients throw you - this recipe is definitely a keeper. :) Try putting it on a ciabatta bread sandwich with grilled vegetables, or grab some veggie dippers and dig in!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 4 cups chopped onions
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1Over medium-high heat, heat a large nonstick skillet and melt together butter and oil.
- 2Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute, then lower temperature to medium and add onion. Sauté , stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until soft and golden.
- 3Place cooked onion mixture, beans, cocoa, salt, pepper, and paprika in food processor and whir until smooth.
- 4Transfer the bean butter into serving bowl and sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Black Bean Butter
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.8
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 1.6 mg
- Sodium 203.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 13.7 g