1/1 Photo of Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls (Bread Machine Recipe)
Holly Harwig's Note:
I adapted a couple of recipes into this one, and these are fabulous!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 0.5 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding, box
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons yeast
CARAMEL PECAN TOPPING
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 2Place ingredients in machine following the specifications of that particular machine. Set for dough cycle. If bread machine seems to be working too hard to mix dough, sometimes I add 1 - 2 Tbls vegetable oil to get it moving better.
- 3After complete on dough cycle, remove from machine and roll out to about 17x10" rectangle. The larger you roll the rectangle, the more layers you have, which is really nice.
- 4Caramel Pecan Topping:.
- 5Mix butter, brown sugar and water together in a small saucepan, heat on low until butter is melted.
- 6Increase heat to medium and boil, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- 7Stir in vanilla and remove from heat.
- 8Pour into cake pan, then place pecan halves over the caramel.
- 10Mix together brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon.
- 11Moisten the dough by brushing with milk.
- 12Sprinkle brown sugar, pecan and cinnamon mixture over top.
- 13Roll tightly from long end, pinching edges closed when completely rolled (sometimes putting a little milk on the edge helps seal it).
- 14Slice rolled dough into 1/2" slices (or larger if a larger bun is preferred).
- 15Place into pan on top of caramel.
- 16Let rise until doubled (about an hour, or quicker if you put the pan on a heating pad).
- 17Bake at 350° for 20 minutes, until golden. Do not overbake.
- 18Invert onto a cookie sheet immediately, before caramel hardens.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls (Bread Machine Recipe)
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.2
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 36.7 mg
- Sodium 216.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 37.5 g
- Protein 5.4 g