I adapted a couple of recipes into this one, and these are fabulous!
Make and share this Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls (Bread Machine Recipe) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 0.5 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding, box
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
CARAMEL PECAN TOPPING
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon milk, just enough to brush over the dough
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- Place ingredients in machine following the specifications of that particular machine. Set for dough cycle. If bread machine seems to be working too hard to mix dough, sometimes I add 1 - 2 Tbls vegetable oil to get it moving better.
- After complete on dough cycle, remove from machine and roll out to about 17x10" rectangle. The larger you roll the rectangle, the more layers you have, which is really nice.
- Caramel Pecan Topping:.
- Mix butter, brown sugar and water together in a small saucepan, heat on low until butter is melted.
- Increase heat to medium and boil, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla and remove from heat.
- Pour into cake pan, then place pecan halves over the caramel.
- Mix together brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon.
- Moisten the dough by brushing with milk.
- Sprinkle brown sugar, pecan and cinnamon mixture over top.
- Roll tightly from long end, pinching edges closed when completely rolled (sometimes putting a little milk on the edge helps seal it).
- Slice rolled dough into 1/2" slices (or larger if a larger bun is preferred).
- Place into pan on top of caramel.
- Let rise until doubled (about an hour, or quicker if you put the pan on a heating pad).
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes, until golden. Do not overbake.
- Invert onto a cookie sheet immediately, before caramel hardens.