Recipe by Sue Lau
A macchiato is my favorite coffee drink. Most of the time I get it with no flavoring. But this drink is sort of a special occasion thing. What they serve at Starbucks is not really a macchiato at all, but a latte. So if you really want to try a macchiato (never had one before) and find out what it's all about, this is a good choice for you. Of course, if you don't want the flavorings, just prepare it with a shot or two, and a little foam on top. That's a macchiato. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Benthe (Danish)
Made for Family Picks ZWT4 â€“ had promised DBF that I would make recipe #175752, and he would get a Caramel Macchiato to go with the cookies. Wow, was this good. Thanks for posting Sue.
- 3 ounces prepared espresso
- 1 ounce caramel syrup (use syrups prepared for coffees, not ice cream; I like Da Vinci brand)
- 1 tablespoon foamed milk
- whipped cream (optional)
- caramel topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place caramel syrup in the bottom of cup.
- Top with freshly prepared hot espresso.
- Spoon very small amount of foamed milk on top of espresso.
- Avoid getting any milk into espresso if you like it dry.
- You can add just a wee bit of milk otherwise, but not a lot (or it won't be a macchiato anymore!).
- If desired, you can top this with whipped cream, and a little bit of warmed caramel topping (squirted from a squeeze bottle is best).
- Serve at once.