Caramel Macchiato...just Like Starbucks
photo by Karen=^..^=
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces coffee (brewed)
- 6 ounces milk (steamed)
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (to taste) or 1 -2 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute (to taste)
- 3 teaspoons caramel syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon artificial vanilla flavoring
- reddi whipped cream
- caramel syrup, drizzled
- To make a strong coffee, you can brew a ratio of 3 heaping tbsp of coffee to 6 cups water.
- Add vanillin to the coffee grinds before making the coffee, that way it will infuse while brewing.
- Once coffee is done brewing, place milk in a large cup and microwave until hot.
- In a tall glass combine the coffee, milk, and caramel syrup and stir well.
- Add sugar in small increments until desired sweetness is achieved, don't forget that the caramel will sweeten this beverage as well.
- Top with whipped cream and drizzle caramel.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 5 more reviews
My daughter wanted to try this since she got "addicted" to them while at college. We made it with French Roast coffee, but used a rounded tablespoon of ground coffee for every 6 oz. cup. We used Hershey's caramel syrup to mix into the coffee/milk mixture and used Smucker's caramel to drizzle on top as it's thicker. We used a little extra caramel syrup in the coffee instead of adding sugar for sweetness. We all really enjoyed this, even my younger teenage daughters, but personally I would like the coffee taste to come through a little more, so I would make the coffee even stronger next time. Thanks for posting. I know we'll be making this frequently and plan on also trying it iced.