Recipe by KaraRN
I can't remember where I got this recipe. I have had this recipe for a very long time. It is good to make ahead and take for traveling for snacks for the kids and also good to take to potlucks. Usually no leftovers of this! You can also substitute the Crispix with Chex or a store brand like these two.
- 1 (18 ounce) box Crispix cereal
- 2 cups pecans
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cereal and pecans in a large enough bowl to mix. Set aside.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high 1 1/2 minutes. Stir. Heat additional time until mixture boils.
- Remove from microwave and add baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour mixture over cereal and pecans.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 250°F for 1 hour; stirring twice.
- Place in ziplock baggies or sealed container.