Caramel Crispix® Mix
photo by Pamela
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Bring butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup to a boil.
- Boil 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add baking soda (it will foam).
- Put the cereal in a large bowl and pour the boiled mixture over the cereal and stir to coat.
- Bake 1 hour at 200-250F degrees.
- Stir every 15 minutes.
- You may add nuts if you desire.
??? Questionable, I've Been making this for 15-20 yrs. This year Not sure what happened. Our Recipe calls for Boiling at Rapid Boil for 5 min stirring constantly!! But we seemed to get a little too hard in spots??? Does anyone know what point you are to take the Caramel to....?Soft Ball? Hard Ball? Soft Crack? ......We'v always just done 5min. Never had a problem before, It's a HOLIDAY tradition!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in WI and am mom to 5 kids (19, 20, 21, 23, and 25). We have 5 cats. I love football and the Green Bay Packers! I work in child nutrition at a day care center. My family is into scuba diving. While I don't dive I usually tag along to help out. This year they dove in Lake Superior (39degrees) and the warm tropical waters of Grand Cayman. I love anyplace tropical-my favorite so far is Grand Cayman.</p>