Recipe by Vina
So easy, so inexpensive, so good! These taste just like homemade apple pies with caramel sauce. If you top them with a premium vanilla ice cream, even better.
- 2 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 fresh tart apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 -2 tablespoon mrs. richardson butterscotch caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄2 cup premium vanilla ice cream (such as Breyer's, (or more)
- Mix brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a small bowl.
- Melt 1 Tbl. butter in saute pan, add apple and sugar/cinnamon/nutmeg mix, stir and saute over medium heat for two minutes.
- Remove from heat and place in small bowl.
- Brush one side of each tortilla with the second Tbl. butter.
- Mix the white sugar and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and sprinkle on the buttered side of both tortillas.
- Heat saute pan over medium heat.
- When hot add one tortilla, buttered& sugared side down.
- Top with apple mix and drizzle with ice cream topping.
- Place second tortilla on top, buttered/sugared side up.
- Saute for 1-2 minutes, until browned and crisp.
- Flip and saute for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on plate, top with ice cream, if desired, and enjoy apple heaven!