Recipe by Cheryl Thebeau-Blevins
(This was posted on rec.food.recipes 2+ yrs ago)
Top Review by CHRISSYG
Made this a while ago, and brought it to work as a treat! Super Easy with a huge WOW factor... I added a little more caramel than the recipe called for, but that's just me, it'd have been just as perfect either way. People at work didn't really think that I MADE it myself, (which is a real compliment, because I'm not a good 'baker') they thought I bought it at a bakery lol! Thank you for sharing!
- 9 inches pie shells
- 10 caramels, quartered
- 1⁄3 cup flour (I have to use more, or its runny)
- 3 cups rome apples or 3 cups jonathan apples, cubed, peeled
- 2⁄3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine caramels and flour.
- Add apples, caramel topping and lemon juice; mix thoroughly.
- Pour into pie crust and top with pecans.
- Bake at 375 for 40-45 minute.
- (This is an open top pie, and has become as required on Thanksgiving as Pumpkin & Pecan pies) For deep dish pie, use the following: 15 caramels 1/2 cup flour (add more) 5 cup apples 1 cup caramel sauce 1 tbsp lemon juice 1/2 cup pecan pieces.