Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
The BEST Apple Pie! The caramel creates the perfect filling!
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs apples (Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, Gala)
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- store bought pie crust
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Peel and cut apples into 1.4inch slices.
- Squeeze lemon on top to prevent browning.
- Make Caramel sauce by putting sugar and water into a small pot over med to med-low heat and let come to a boil and turn a caramel color. DO NOT STIR AT ALL. This will take about 10-15minutes.
- Once it is caramel colored turn off heat and add heavy cream, now you can stir.
- Once the bubbles subside put back on a low heat and add Vanilla Extract.
- Let sit on a low heat till ready to use.
- Toss Apples with flour and cinnamon and put into a pie pan with a layer of crust on the bottom.
- Pour caramel sauce all over the apples.
- Cut butter into small cubes and dot all over filling.
- Put 2nd piece of dough over the top and brush on egg wash (1egg mixed with 1tbs water) and sprinkle on the 2Tbs of sugar.
- Cook at 350 for 45-55 minutes until golden brown.
- Let sit at room temp 1-4hrs before serving, if you dont it will be a mess.
- Serve at room temp or put in a 325 oven for 20-25 minutes and serve warm.