This recipe came from a King Arthur flour catalog. I have not made them yet. I like to use their boiled apple cider instead of apple juice concentrate (available from their catalog).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3 cups peeled chopped apples
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Grease the wells of a pop up pan or 12 muffin cups.
- 3Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and spices; set aside.
- 4Cream together the butter, and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, then mix in dry ingredients, vanilla, boiled cider or apple juice concentrate, thawed; and applesauce.
- 5Stir this mixture until evenly moistened and then fold in the apple and walnuts.
- 6Transfer the batter to prepared pan.
- 7Bake for 20-22 minutes or cake tester inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 8Cool the cakes for 15 minutes before turning out of the pan; cool complete before frosting.
- 9To prepare the frosting: Melt the butter, stir in the salt and the brown sugar, and corn syrup and cool, stirring until the sugar melts.
- 10Add the milk, bring to a rolling boil and pour into a mixing bowl to cool for 10 minutes.
- 11Stir in the sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; beat well. If the mixture appears too thin, add more powdered sugar.
- 12Spread on the cakes while frosting is still a little warm.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Mini Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.2
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 96.6 mg
- Sodium 427.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 56.2 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apple pie spice