Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins
photo by Redsie
- Ready In:
- In medium mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together milk, vegetable oil, egg,and orange oil or peel until light.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir together for 20 seconds, or only until ingredients are just moist.
- If you see lumps, it is OK to leave them.
- Lightly grease cups of 12-cup muffin pan and fill each 2/3 full w/batter.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon sugar over each for a crunchy, sugary crust.
- Bake in preheated 400 F oven for 18 to 20 mins.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were great muffins, despite a few difficulties! I loved the texture. For butterless muffins, they are extremely moist and delicious. Also, the flavour combo is a winner, which is why I'm giving it a "loved it" four stars! However, I did find that the amount of salt was waay to much! Next time I'd only use 1/4 tsp, if that. Also it could use a bit more sugar. When I made it it just tasted uber salty and I had to add in a lot more sugar at the end. I also used a mixture of applesauce and oil instead of 1/2 cup of straight up oil for added healthiness :) Thanks for the recipe, my whole family loved these muffins, and I will definitely be making it again!
Mmm, delicious!!! I gave it four stars because it tasted like it should have texture, like nuts or oats. Maybe I need to let them cool a bit more because I ate them while they are still warm. Either that or I mixed the batter too much. Also, instead of orange oil, I used 2 Tbsp. orange extract. If you use orange zest (which I would recommend), then maybe cut the extract to 1 or 1 1/2 Tbsp.