Recipe by MizzNezz
This is a VERY GOOD apple crisp. The kids go crazy over it!! The ultimate comfort food!!
Top Review by Just Call Me Martha
This is divine. I did everything according the recipe and baked it before the family arrived for dinner. The whole house smelled wonderful. I used a mixture of granny smith and macintosh apples as that's what I had on hand. The only complaint I heard was "she got more caramel that I did - not fair". When I served this, it was still lukewarm, so I didn't bother to re-heat. Next time I would though because the caramel was starting to solidify by time I served it. I am sure it would be much better right out of the oven. Thanks for another great recipe Inez.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) bag caramels, cut in fourths
- 8 cups peeled sliced apples (about 12 apples)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup quick oats
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in small bowl.
- Add caramels and toss to coat.
- In large bowl stir apples and orange juice.
- Add caramel mixture.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a greased 13x9 pan.
- Mix sugar and flour in small bowl.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Add oats and walnuts.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 350* for 45 minutes, or until apples are done.