Mammy's Apple Crisp
photo by A Marsteller
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Arrange apple slices in an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Combine flour, sugar and butter.
- Mix with hands until small lumps form.
- Add nuts and sprinkle over apples.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender and top is lightly browned.
- Serve warm or room temperature. Teri's Recipe Page Pennsylvania Dutch Cookery.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very easy and good! My husband was saying this morning that he wanted some apple crisp, as I was looking for recipes, found this one, had all I needed to make it except for the nuts but don't really like nuts anyway. So easy and it tates delicious! I will add some cinnamon next time but will most definitely make this again soon.
Hello Whtsebring, I am sorry it took me so long to review this recipe. It is wonderful! We served it with hot butterscotch sauce and it was terrific! The apples cooked beautifully and with the crispy topping, to which we added pecans instead of walnuts, it all blended nicely. We used non-stick baking spray to the baking dish. All I can say is that there was nothing left! Thanks so much for posting, Diane :)