Twice Baked Caramel Apple Crisp
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Just something i have made a bunch of times. I got the recipe off cooks.com and decided to post it here as my first post. hope everyone likes it.
- Ready In:
- 7 -8 tart green apples (peeled, cored, sliced into 1/4-inch strips)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2⁄3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 10 ounces caramel sauce (preferably from starbucks)
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray one 9 x 13 x 2 and one 8 x 8 x 2 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange half apples in 9 x 13 and other half in 8 x 8. Sprinkle each with 1/2 cup sugar.
- Mix together brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and butter. Stir until well moistened. Sprinkle half this mixture over 9 x 13 apples. Top oat mixture with 1/4 to 1/2 cup caramel.
- Bake both pans for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Arrange apples in 8 x 8 over apples in 9 x 13 (this makes a second layer). Top with remaining oats and another 1/4 to 1/2 cup of caramel. Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or till apples are tender and top is crisp. Remove, let sit till warm. Serve with vanilla ice cream and additional caramel sauce on top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION