Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the I *heart* Cheesecake book. Haven't tried it yet.
Make and share this Caramel Apple Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 20 ounces apple pie filling
- 3 large apples, peeled cored and sliced
- 32 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream or 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Graham Cracker Crust: Mix first four ingredients well. Press evenly into bottom on greased 9 inches cheesecake pan. Set aside.
- Have all ingred at room temp and preheat oven to 350.
- Caramel Apple pie Filling : Put apple pie filling in a small bowl. Remove 1 or 2 tbsp of sauce. Stir in fresh sliced apples.
- In large bowl, thoroughly beat cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add cinnamon, vanilla and lemon extracts, and nutmeg.
- Pour half of batter onto crust. Spoon on 1 cup of pie filling.
- With some of remaining batter, make a rim around inside edge of pan, as if to seal filling inches Pour remaining batter over pie filling.
- Top with remaining pie filling. Without disturbing crust, swirl the handle of a knife through cake to distribute fruit evenly.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minute
- Reduce heat to 200 and bake 2 hrs or until center no longer looks shiny or wet.
- Remove from oven and run knife around inside edge of pan. Turn oven off and return cake to over for additional 2 hours Chill overnight.
- Caramel Frosting:
- In a small, heavy saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in brown sugar, cream of tartar, and milk. Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat off and cool to lukewarm, about 110*.
- Stir in vanilla and powdered sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until creamy – add a little milk if too thick. It will thicken after it is on the cake. Spread warm frosting on the cake, creating a design. Keep chilled.