Caramel apple flavour. A nice change to the usual holiday desserts. I got this recipe from the Appeal magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Cream cheese filling
- 1For crust: preheat oven to 350°F
- 2In bowl, mix crumbs, pecans and sugar. Add melted butter and mix well. Press into 9" springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes Remove from oven and let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- 3Melt caramels with the whipping cream over low heat(Double boiler was stated in recipe but I don't have one and had no problem.) Allow to cool slightly. Reserve 1c. for the cheesecake and refrigerate the rest until serving time.
- 4In large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese till soft and smooth. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add sugar and beat till combined. Add vanilla and sour cream and beat till well combined. Add beaten eggs, one at a time till just blended.
- 5Pour in 1 cup. caramel sauce and fold with spatula. Fold in diced apples. Pour mixture over crumb crust. Bake 15 minutes Reduce heat to 275°F bake 75-90 minutes Cheesecake should jiggle slightly and will firm up with cooling. Allow to cool completely then place in refrigerator. Warm sauce for serving and either drizzle sauce over individual slice or over whole cake.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.6
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 125.7 mg
- Sodium 255.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: