Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 min
Caramel apple flavour. A nice change to the usual holiday desserts. I got this recipe from the Appeal magazine.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
Cream cheese filling
- 2 cups chewy caramels (Kraft or Werther's)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 granny smith apples
- For crust: preheat oven to 350°F
- In bowl, mix crumbs, pecans and sugar. Add melted butter and mix well. Press into 9" springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes Remove from oven and let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Melt caramels with the whipping cream over low heat(Double boiler was stated in recipe but I don't have one and had no problem.) Allow to cool slightly. Reserve 1c. for the cheesecake and refrigerate the rest until serving time.
- In large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese till soft and smooth. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add sugar and beat till combined. Add vanilla and sour cream and beat till well combined. Add beaten eggs, one at a time till just blended.
- Pour in 1 cup. caramel sauce and fold with spatula. Fold in diced apples. Pour mixture over crumb crust. Bake 15 minutes Reduce heat to 275°F bake 75-90 minutes Cheesecake should jiggle slightly and will firm up with cooling. Allow to cool completely then place in refrigerator. Warm sauce for serving and either drizzle sauce over individual slice or over whole cake.